Bob Finnan's – NBA rumor mill
Bob Finnan of the News Herald Reports that
- A source said the Cavs and Nets have discussed parameters of a Vince
Carter trade. Yes, the Nets would love cap relief, but if they dealt
Carter, they’d lose some of their fan base. They’re having trouble
getting people there now.
- Similar to Cavs forward LeBron James, Rockets center Yao Ming can opt out of his contract next summer. He’d be walking away from $17.6 million. If the Cavs play their cards right, they could have cap space to fit Yao onto their team. Right now, the Cavs have just $37.3 million committed to six players in 2010. But it’s unlikely the Cavs will have the necessary space to add a player like the 7-foot-6 Yao. What’s unsure is who is calling the shots with Yao — him and his agent or the People’s Republic of China. The Rockets will do everything in their power to keep him.
- The Wizards say forward Antawn Jamison is not available. A rumor surfaced the Cavs were in discussions about a possible deal.
- Here’s the lowdown on the Shaquille O’Neal trade. It’s been put on the back burner. The Suns want more from the Cavs than the expiring contracts of Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. They want a young player or draft pick to show they are not just selling Shaq off to the highest bidder.
- No, the Suns say they never discussed an Amar’e Stoudemire trade to Minnesota for forward/center Al Jefferson and the Timberwolves’ No. 6 pick.
Read the full article from