Mike Dunleavy won't confirm report of trade offers for Marcus Camby
Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy declined to confirm Saturday a recent
report that said various NBA teams have made trade offers for starting
forward Marcus Camby.
In the last year of a contract worth $9.1 million, Camby goes into tonight’s game against the San Antonio Spurs ranked fifth in the league in blocks (2.1 per game) and sixth in rebounding (11.0 per game).
"Marcus has been great," Dunleavy said. "We have a lot of guys that have a lot of interest from a lot of people."
As for the rest of the Clippers’ roster, Dunleavy said the team has no immediate needs beyond forward Blake Griffin fully recovering from a stress fracture in his left knee that has kept him out for all 21 games.
Camby avoided interviews after Saturday’s practice but said earlier in the week that extra stretching, conditioning and effort have helped him average double digits in rebounds for the last seven seasons.
"We have a lot of guys capable of scoring," said Camby, who averages 8.4 points per game. "We need guys who go out there and do the little things to balance out our team. That’s what I try to focus on."